ABOUT ME REVIEWS ENTRY FACEBOOK FOLLOW
Review :: Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream
Thursday 25 July 2013 ‚ 18:27 ‚ Leave a comment


Hihi lovelies ^^

~*~*~ So today I will be doing a review of Tony Moly's Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream. What a mouthful! I dare you to say it out loud as fast as you can five times haha. Anywhooo~ I've had this product for a really long time and have been using it a lot this summer since I find it really suiting. It's not my favourite CC cream nor is it my first, but since Tony Moly's kind of credited to have been the first to come out with this beautiful thing we call "CC Cream" I decided to start with the Luminous Pure Aura.

So a brief summary about what is CC Cream:

     The CC in CC Cream stands for Color Control or Correction though depending on the product and the brand, there may be a small variation. The meaning however is roughly the same.
     CC Creams are infused with the benefits of skincare such as anti-wrinkling, UV protection, & brightening.
     It evens out your complexion and the surface of your skin so that makeup can be applied on much more smoothly.
    With long term usage,  CC Creams can fade imperfection, create an even and radiant complexion, all while preventing future discoloration.


What's the main difference between CC and BB Cream:

    BB Creams usually provide more coverage while CC Creams' coverage is usually more sheer for a natural look.
    While both typically contain UV protection, CC Creams contain more skincare benefits (though that's not saying that some BB's contain a lot of them also)
     BB Creams main focus is to provide coverage to imperfections while CC Creams main focus is to correct these imperfections for the long run (so that you don't need as much coverage in the first place)



  
  

Product Information

     Description: Skincare + Makeup all in one solution. SPF 30 PA ++. It immediately changes color to match skin as soon as it is applied. CC cream makes perfectly natural skin tone as providing natural color change and skin care effect with moist radiance. Color changing capsules are included to match to any skin color perfectly. Black/red/yellow color capsule pops and perfectly mixes up upon applying on skin to naturally conceals redness and imperfections. 7 free - paraben, benzo phenon, talc,  mineral oil, organic pigment, sulfate surfactant, Triethanolamine.
     Directions: After basic skincare, gently apply an amount the size of a bean to the entire face using a finger. 
    Volume: 50ml


Blending is a bit difficult because the color match doesn't immediately change to match your skin tone right away. I typically applied it all over my face until the whiteness is even spread out and absorbed, but it gives off this sheer white veil over my face look. Only after letting it sit on my face for about a minute, does the whiteness match my skin tone a bit better. 

Gross Pictures Ahead: (I really hate close-ups of my skin )






 





     First Thought: The packaging is sleek and cute and the fragrance is a soft floral scent with a honey aroma background.
     Likes: I think what I like the most about this CC Cream is that it makes the best makeup primer. Everything I apply after I apply this CC on is just flawless. My foundation goes on much more smoothly and my eye shadows/liner typically stays on longer with a brighter pigmentation. After that, the radiance this CC provides is really nice. Though the cover is sheer, you can see from the before/after picture that the 2nd one has prettier and brighter glow. I also like that it's whitening, but not too whitening. I love love love pale, white, doll-like complexions, but outside of taking selfies, there's real life and real life requires me to go outside where there's a massive heat wave that melts everything surrounding me into a puddle. It looks really weird if my face is perfectly whitened, but I'm tanning everywhere else! While this is not my preferred CC sans heat wave, right now, it's lightweight, has good oil control and is perfect for this nasty weather.
     Dislikes: The coverage is very sheer! CC Creams usually provide sheer to medium coverage so I didn't expect it to be that great at covering my flaws, but the Luminous Pure Aura isn't just sheer, it's virtually non-existent. The blending of the cream doesn't completely match my skin tone and remains a bit white so that it reflects light and gives off the impression that it gives radiance and has a bit of coverage, but nah~ I say it's way too light even for a "sheer" coverage. 


Coverage :
Primer/Base :
Brightening :
Blending/Color Match :
Overall :


     Final Thought: I really like CC Creams mostly because I live in an oven and I find that most BB Creams melt after a couple of hours here (which is not their fault because I melt in this sun too) and I have really long days at work. With foundation, I don't get as much melting in the sun (or it lasts a bit longer in this hell heat), but I also don't get the skincare benefits I do with BB's either. With CC Cream, I can apply it as a base and then top it with foundation which provides me the best of both worlds during these crazy summer months in Canada. (FYI, contrary to popular belief, it is not all ice caps here, we do not live in igloos, and yes I do live in Canada and it's HOT right now! lol) So while the Luminous Pure Aura may not be the best CC Cream out there, I will definitely buy it again if only to last me through July and August.

And thats it. Thanks so much for reading ^^






Stay Lovely,
Aria. =^-^=

Labels: , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus
Blogger June L. said...

Oo, thank you for the review! I personally really need coverage in my BB/CC/foundations, but aguhh... even if this CC cream isn't awesome in that department, I just really really want it now. ;n; No idea why ahah. xD

BTW, I've got an Etude house giveaway going on, if you're interested! C: Junniku blog [Click!]
- A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

25 July 2013 at 18:32  
Blogger ~*~Aria~*~ said...

@ June

Haha ya I prefer having coverage from my CC's bc coverage is just awesome in general lol XD And you can certainly go get it. Its not a bad CC. its just low in the coverage department so unless you have flawless skin I dont recommend just walking out with this CC alone.

And i checked your giveaway out last night! too bad i already have that CC! And I have two bottles of it so i wont be running out anytime soon. It would be mean of me to enter and ruin someone elses chance of trying it out. haha

25 July 2013 at 20:10  
Blogger Donna said...

I tried this CC cream as a sample but didn't like it too much, because it was kinda sticky for me! >.< And I agree it doesn't change colour enough to match my skin tone. :\
The only CC cream I bought was the Peripera one, very light weight, and great as a base too!
I know what you mean about hot weathers! I live in Canada to and really hard to believe it can be this hot haha!
Thanks for the great review! :D

25 July 2013 at 21:24  
Blogger ~*~Aria~*~ said...

@ Chee

Ya its a bit sticky but Im not much for the dewy look. lol. i mean it might look good on certain ppl but for me dewy just looks oily on me haha
im more of a matte girl, so i put powder on after using this CC and I have no problem with it XD

I know right?! Several years ago my cousin came to visit from china, and it was the middle of August, and his mother forced him to pack 3 gigantic coats bc they thought it was going to be sooooo cold here! haha

25 July 2013 at 21:46  
Blogger Pinkoolaid said...

ooh it makes your skin look really nice

26 July 2013 at 06:57  
Blogger Turis Cantik said...

a bit curios abut this cc lately so thanks for the review ;)

26 July 2013 at 16:42  
Blogger ~*~Aria~*~ said...

@ Angel
Haha Thanks ^^



@ turiscantik

aww no problem! Thanks for reading ^^

26 July 2013 at 20:14  
Blogger aimiichie said...

The packaging is really cute~ And I was actually thinking of trying this CC cream when I had the opportunity to buy it. Thank you for this review!! ^_^


I'm your new follower on GFC~~ I really love your blog so far~
Possibly check out mine? I'm new in the blogging community~ >.<

chocobunnii13.blogspot.com

27 July 2013 at 02:47  
Blogger Bunny said...

I haven't used CC or BB cream's before but I'd like to try this one to see how it works.

Thanks for the review ^.^

petite29.blogspot.com

27 July 2013 at 09:55  
Blogger ~*~Aria~*~ said...

@ choco

I just followed you on GFC! Im new to the community too so this is gonna be exciting. haha



@ Bunny
Waa~ you should definitly try them! or at least BB cream to start! I dont recommend the american bb's (especially the drugstore ones) but definitely try an asian brand one!

27 July 2013 at 13:25  
Blogger CMak said...

I never tried CC cream before but it does look nice on your skin!

let me know if you want to follow eachother on gfc !
xox, C
little-chaka.blogspot.ca

28 July 2013 at 01:53  
Blogger ~*~Aria~*~ said...

@ chaka

haha thanks! and sure~ I'd love to XD

28 July 2013 at 03:02  
Blogger Black Ragdoll said...

Thanks for the explanation of CC/BB creams! I was kinda puzzled when I heard about them, and not sure which kind to get (':

29 July 2013 at 06:40  





OLDERNEWER
~*~ AR!A ~*~
Welcome To My Blog!


Welcome


Hello Lovelies! Welcome To My Lil Corner. Im A Total Noob Blogger So Please Be Patient With Me & Dont Be Afraid To Leave Me A Comment ^^
Current Quote: Sometimes ppl are Beautiful. Not in Looks. Not in what they Say. Just in what they Are.

~*~ Chat Box ~*~
Leave Me A Message ^^


~*~ Lovely Kittens ~*~
Thank You For Following Me

Follow on Bloglovin


~*~ Credits ~*~
Merci Nyan~


Basecode:Masterly Elmo
Template:Izyanyancinnamon
Blog Owner: NekoCuriosity